Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Homemade Applesauce

This week in my class we are studying apples, so today we made homemade applesauce!!  The kids really enjoyed getting to help make it!!  The quality of the photos are not great, I apologize!!

The apples all cut up and cooking in the pan.

The apples are all cooked, mashed, and ready to eat.

I promise the applesauce tastes so much better than it looks in this picture!!  I posted the recipe below if anyone would like to try to make it at home!  The kids really enjoyed it a lot!!  I would recommend using softer apples such as Fuji or Red Delicious.  I have used green apples before and they take longer to cook and don't mash quite as well as others.

Applesauce
4 medium apples
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
cinnamon

Peel, core, and dice apples.  Place apples in a pot with water and simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until tender.  Stir in sugar and cinnamon to taste.  Then use a hand potato masher or mixer and mash apples to your preferred texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment