And when that day arrives
by Unknown Author
by Unknown Author
And when that day arrives
That we no longer are apart,
That we no longer are apart,
I’ll smile and hold you close to me …
Forever in my heart.
Forever in my heart.
Losing my brother has brought upon the greatest challenge of my life so far. I have lost many loved ones over the years, but the pain and emptiness I feel in my brother's absence is like no other! I was trying to think of something special to do somewhere in my house where I could go and be with my brother when I am really missing him or feeling down.
I decided to put up a little memorial in my room for my brother. I found the plaque at Hobby Lobby the week after he passed. As soon as I saw it, I knew that I had to get it for this! The frames, candle holder, and candle also came from Hobby Lobby.
This is my favorite picture of my brother and I. It was taken several years ago when we were camping with our Grandparents! The dried white roses came from my brother's casket arrangement. I took one on the day of the funeral and one when I went back to visit the grave sight. They dried so pretty!! I will keep these forever!!
The photo in the frame is actually the program from my brother's funeral. It has one of my favorite pictures of him on it along with the twenty third psalm. I matted the program with scrapbook paper to make it look a little nicer. The two stones are from the funeral. I actually have three of them, but I keep one on me at all times. The funeral home had these set out for visitors to take with a really neat poem about how the stone in circular and never ending just like his spirit, and every time that you squeeze it, he is squeezing us back.
I hope creating this will help create the peace I have been longing for and help with the healing process. I know one day we will be together again, but until then, I have this to keep him close to me and keep his spirit alive!



No comments:
Post a Comment