Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I LOVE me a good deal!!

Funny thing...most of my deals kind of fall in my lap!!  I ran to Neighborhood Wal Mart next to my house to do some price matching for my shopping trips this week, when I noticed all of the Halloween items on clearance in the middle of the main aisle.  Laying on the top of one of the baskets was a Ninja Turtle costume marked down to $9.50 from $19.00!!!  It was the last one and it's the perfect size for Tru to play with.  Now, being that I got it for a steal I should have gone straight home and surprised him with it, but instead, I decided to do the smart thing and I put it back for Christmas.  Truett loves dressing up and he loves the Ninja Turtles, so I know he is going to love this!!  So far, I have bought a board game, this costume, a Captain America disc launching shield, and a Transformer for Truett's Christmas, and I have only spent a grand total of $20.00!!!!  Woo Hoo!!!

Well, I have been able to get a few deals so far this week and have gotten a couple of things in the mail also.  Yesterday I went to Walgreens and picked up this Tide for $3.99!  This Tide is the Free and Gentle formula and is the 32 loads size.  It is on sale for $5.99 from $8.99 and I also used one of my $2.00 coupons from this Sunday's newspaper.  Comparatively, Wal Mart sells their Tide detergent for $5.97, regular price, but it is only for the 25 loads, so I opted to pay the extra $0.02 for 7 more loads...haha!! Also at Walgreens I was able to pick up two Colgate toothpastes for $2.50!  They were on sale for 2/$3.50 and I used two $0.50 coupons that I had.  Then, for buying the two Colgate toothpastes, I received $2.00 in Register Rewards to use towards my next purchase at Walgreens!!!!  My last deal from Walgreens yesterday was the Dawn dish soap.  It is currently on sale for $0.99 and I had coupons for $0.50 off.  I was able to get each one for $0.49.  I don't really use this as much, just on my pots and pans, but my Oma doesn't have a dishwasher, so she just might find one of these in her stocking this year!!  haha!!  The Olay body soap I got at Target for $0.47 each.  They are at Target for $0.97 in the travel section and I had coupons for $0.50 off any Olay product.  This is a good deal because usually three body bars cost somewhere in the $3.00 range and up, and I was able to get these for $1.41.  Again, I don't necessarily use this, but I plan to use it in stockings this Christmas and for backup purposes ( I am one of those that refuses to drive in the snow, so in the winter when we get so much of it, I tend to go without going to the store for a while, so I try to have things on hand to keep from running out during this time). 

The Auquafresh I received in the mail through Wal Mart.  On their website, type in samples and it will take you to their sample page.  They don't always have things available, but they do give away some really neat things from time to time.  I also got another Post It sample product from their Post It Perks program.  I love these larger Post Its!!  They are great for me to use in my classroom or even with my coupons!  Lastly, the Braums down from my house just completed a full renovation and sent out some really good coupons.  Those are always good to have on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment