Then this November, we lost my precious baby brother Alex. I can honestly say that I have never experienced such pain or sense of emptiness in life! One thing that I have learned this past month is that I can't question GOD, all I can do is lean on him, otherwise there is no other way to make it through. I always knew how special he was to me and my family, but since his passing, all of the love and support showed by others has been so overwhelming! To hear and see how much he meant and touched so many other lives in his short 21 years has been so astonishing!! I can only aspire to mean that much to others in my lifetime.
This will be our first Christmas without Nanny and Alex. It is going to be a very difficult time, but as a family we will be there for each other and help each other through.
I heard this song the other day, and it is so fitting......My other brother also posted this song on Alex's Facebook page. It is a perfectly written song for how we are feeling. I hope if there are others that are struggling as we are, that this too will touch you as it has me.
If you or anyone you know is struggling with a death in their family, there is a great website called The Compassionate Friends that has been very helpful to me and my family.

No comments:
Post a Comment