Friday, December 9, 2011

Yummy Muddy Buddies!!!

Today I am linking up with Kelly's Korner. She is sharing favorite holiday recipes.  The hardest part is coming up with just one!!!  There are so many things that I make every year around this time, but there is one thing that I can't go anywhere without having to bring.......

Muddy Buddies!!!!! 


Growing up we also called this Puppy Chow, but whatever you call it, it's delicious!!!  They are so simple to make!  Every time this year I end up making DOZENS of batches of Muddy Buddies to take to holiday parties and such.  Here is the recipe as you will find it on the Betty Crocker Website:



INGREDIENTS:
9 cups Corn Chex®, Rice Chex®, Wheat Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal (or combination)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

STEP 1:
Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.

STEP 2:
In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.

STEP 3:
Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment