Well, today I have been busy being a bit of a domestic diva!!! haha!! Truett will be going to his dad's house for a couple of days to spend Christmas with him, so we had to tweak our tradition of baking cookies on Christmas Eve, and do it today. I baked and cleaned, Truett and my mom took on decorating duty.
Truett decorating his cookies
Truett's Cookies
Truett's and Oma's cookies are all complete!!
Also today, I made lotion. I was once given a kit to make homemade lotion. Well, after some digging, I found a "recipe" that was a lot easier with the same wonderful result!! I plan on giving this out to the women of my family for Christmas. Here's how you can make your own lotion:
This is what you need:
2 pink baby lotions
2 bottles of Vitamin E cream
1 Tub of Vaseline
1 bottle of Aloe lotion
*I bought all of my supplies from Dollar General. This really cuts down the cost...and this makes TONS of lotion, so you can always tweak it a bit to make less!!
Throw everything in a stand up mixer if you have one. If you don't, then a hand mixer will be just fine. Start out mixing slow and then gradually work the speed up. Mix until everything in incorporated.
This is what it looks like all blended. When complete, it looks a lot like whipped caked frosting.
When I am finished, I place the lotion back into the containers that I got the ingredients from. I remove the old labels and then place homemade ones on or decorate the containers.
This lotion is really smooth and soaks into your skin great! The vitamin E, Vaseline, and aloe really make it a moisture rich lotion! Enjoy!!










No comments:
Post a Comment