I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!! Today I am linking up with From Mrs to Mama and Aly Blogs for their weekly Show me Christmas Link Up. We had a fun filled few days that's for sure!! All of the fun started a few days before Christmas for us! The wonderful Brumback family, or "Santa" for the night, left Truett a special package at the door!!
His very own Elf on the Shelf!! Meet Cole, the newest member of our family...well, during Christmas time anyway. Truett was so very excited to get him!!
Tru's card from Santa that was on his gift!
Cole's very first place of honor was on Truett's bedroom shelf sitting next to his David Robinson bobble head.
After Cole reported to the North Pole, he returned home, and hid in our tree!! Truett thought this was the silliest thing ever!!
Truett left early Saturday morning to celebrate Christmas with his dad, so my mom and I ran a few last minute errands, ate an early dinner, and then went back to my house to exchange gifts. Here's what all I got:
So, like I have said in earlier posts, I am off for two weeks for Christmas break while my class is out, so that means two weeks of no pay. Well, for this single momma, that puts a strain on the finances. When my mom and Oma asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I told them groceries to help cut out that cost. Boy, did they ever deliver!!! As you can see, my kitchen was overflowed with goodies!! I don't know how I was able to fit it all into my cabinets, but somehow I managed to squeeze it all in!
I also got a $25 Wal Mart card, this beautiful red scarf, and a new Coach purse!! Now, yes my mom spoils me, but the only reason I got the Coach was because my mom was able to find it on MEGA sale. It is the old "C" style, which I prefer. I think she ended up getting it for 60% off or so!! My deal shopping is finally rubbing off on someone!! haha!! Anyway, I was SUPER appreciative of it all!!
Truett made it home just in time to put out the reindeer food and cookies and milk for Santa!!
Truett was very excited to find Santa had left him a note thanking him for the cookies and fudge that he left out!!

Truett and all of his gifts from Santa!!
From me Truett got a Ninja Turtle costume, Batman slippers, and a Captain America pretend shave kit. From his Oma Kye, Truett got two pillow pets and a Bruno Mars cd to replace his other one that was lost. His Oma Itz gave him a really cute cuddly blanket and a pillow. If you haven't guessed, Tru loves pillows and blankets!! haha!! He is very much a cuddle bug!!
As soon as Santa was complete, we packed the car and I headed to Mena to have Christmas with my Granddaddy, my parents, brother, and my sister's family. Later in the day, my other grandparents were able to come in and celebrate with us as well! Even though this Christmas was hard for us without my Nanny and my brother Alex, being together and spending some quality time was great! Here's a little run down of how all that went:

Tru waiting patiently to open his presents!!
Thank you to Granddaddy for the AWESOME guitar and Cars coloring stuff!! Aunt Hillary, Uncle Greg, Clara, and Cohen gave him the super cool Batman hoodie, Mimi and Pawpaw came through with an awesome Joker playhouse for his Batman and Joker figurines, Uncle Neal gave Tru his first ever remote control car (which was a huge hit with all of the males in the house), and Nonny and Papaw gave Tru some super cool super hero jammies!!!
My brother-in-law Greg and my precious nephew Cohen opening gifts!!
My brother Neal checking out his LSU shirt from our sister.
Pawpaw opening his new dutch oven!! Can't wait to try some of the yummies that will be coming out of that!! I am so jealous!!
Mimi opening her pictures from Truett.
My sister Hillary and my niece Clara Grace opening their gifts.
Granddaddy opening his gifts from Truett.
I hope everyone's holiday was as blessed as ours was! Getting to spend time with family is the ultimate gift!! I will leave you with with a little something that is sure to put a smile on your face:
my precious nephew Cohen!!! Happy Holidays everyone!!!!


























I LOVE these pictures - those pajamas are just TOO cute! And it looks like you all got great gifts :) I'm so happy you guys had a great Christmas!
ReplyDeleteThank you!! We had a wonderful Christmas!! I hope you did as well!!
ReplyDelete