I grew up in south Texas and I lived in San Antonio for several years, so needless to say I grew up a HUGE San Antonio Spurs fan!! When I was in college, I would go to practically every home game. One of the highlights of my life was getting to witness them win the NBA Championship against the Detroit Pistons in the final minutes of game 7!! For a sports fan, it doesn't get any better!!
Well, it is playoff time again, and my Spurs are going in as the number 1 seed! They are playing the Utah Jazz (BOO!!). Yesterday was game 1, and boy was it an exciting one!!! Most importantly, we got the W!!!
Tim Duncan is a free agent next year, and there are also rumblings that he may just opt to retire...WHAT?! It can't be! One, I can't believe I am that old...haha!! I still remember when we drafted him number one overall, exactly 10 years after we drafted another well known and amazing NBA star, David Robinson, number one overall!! Two, Even though he is getting "old" by NBA standards, Timmy D is still one of the best and most respectable people playing right now!! I don't know what I would do if he were to retire!!!
So, here is to a wonderful post season Spurs!! Get that black and silver out, and...



No comments:
Post a Comment