This year for Christmas the grandparents are getting Tru's school pictures as part of their gift. I was wanting to pick up a couple of cute frames to put some of the pics in. Well, while I was browsing the store I was inspired to try and decorate my own frames. I have a back stock of frames at home (like I said, I love frames) and an endless supply of craft items, so I took a stab at adding some pizazz to the frames that I have to make them a little more like the cute ones I saw at Hobby Lobby.
This is a simple brown frame that I had from Hobby Lobby. I added the stone pieces that came from a bracelet of mine that had broken, but I still really liked the stones. This one isn't quite done yet, I am still looking for that little something extra to add to it, I just haven't found what that something extra is yet.
This frame I am actually quite proud of. In person it has lots of sparkle and antique beauty to it. The frame was one that I found at Wal Mart a long time ago for like $5.00 but never used. My grandmother knows that I like to craft, so every time she goes to a second hand store, she picks me up a lot of old jewelry, and sometimes even sends me broken pieces from her jewelry box. So, I took most of these pieces she has given me and arranged them onto the frame. I just liked all of the colors and randomness it created.
I didn't do too much to this one. I picked up this really neat black frame at Hobby Lobby for 50% a while back and then just added a rhinestone cross that I loved that had fallen off of a purse I used to own. Unlike the frame above, I like this one for it's simplicity! You can't tell in the picture, but This frame is unique, the black border isn't wood, it is actually one solid piece of glass, just two tones. It's a real neat look in person.
This frame is more frilly and girly. It's another frame that I grabbed from Hobby Lobby for real cheap hoping to add something to it. The black and clear rhinestones came from a bracelet that broke a while back. I just made a bow, and it was done.




I LOVE the brown frame the way it is! Put the glue gun down and walk away!
ReplyDelete