Thursday, February 9, 2012

Product of the Week....Jewelry!!


It's Thursday, so that means it's time for Product of the Week with Aly and Tiffani!!  This week I am sharing a product that I was just introduced to this past week.  Through Pinterest my sister connected me to a jewelry line called Origami Owl.  Here is a little about them from their website:

Our Story
Origami Owl's story starts with a teenager and a dream. Our company was founded by 14 year-old Isabella in the fall of 2010. Fueled by a goal to raise enough money to buy a car for her 16th birthday, she started the business with $350 worth of babysitting money and a matched contribution from her parents. She sold her unique line of personalized jewelry at home parties and events and quickly realized that this brand has an energy all its own. People absolutely love creating and wearing personalized jewelry that has meaning and is special to them.

Origami Owl's success has catapulted since its inception in 2010. Today our signature jewelry collections are available online and through our trained Independent Designers, who sell our products exclusively at home parties and events-just as Isabella did from the very beginning! Our parties are a fun way to bring together a group of friends for a unique, memorable and highly personalized experience


What I love about this line is that it is 100% designed by you to reflect your story/style!  You create your necklace by choosing your charms, your locket, your chain, and so on...  You HAVE to check them out here!  They have everything for you to create a necklace about your kids, loved ones, breast cancer awareness, pets, or you.  Here is a glance at the product:




I chose to make one in memory of my brother!  Since I plan on wearing it day to day, I chose silver.  You can also choose gold or rose gold.  I chose the large silver locket with rhinestones around it (similar to the one above) and a silver 32" chain.  The charms I chose were:
A crystal "A"- for Alex
June Birthstone- For his birthday
Angel Wings- Since he is now my angel in Heaven
In Loving Memory Heart- Since it is in memory of my brother

I also chose a white rose dangle added to mine like the one above because we had white roses on my brothers casket and I kept a couple of them, so the white rose also had a special meaning!!  The plate in the middle I also added to mine, but I chose for mine to say LOVE.  Now, I will disclose this, the necklaces aren't cheap!!  I saved up for mine.  I can't remember the last time I spent this much on one piece of jewelry.  You do however control the cost of your necklace.  You pay for each individual piece, so if you don't want the cost as high, don't add as much to it.  With the 4 charms, large locket (there is also a medium option), love word plate, and dangle, my necklace was $80 after shipping and handling.  I justified it by telling myself that it is something I will have forever and it is for my brother, so my conscious will just have to stop eating me alive!!  haha!!

Now, I am kinda putting myself out there using this as my product of the week and I don't even have my necklace yet, but the idea is just so wonderful!  Your very own individualized piece of jewelry that tells your story....how wonderful!!  I will be sure to let you all know how it turns out!  If it is as wonderful as I am hoping for, then I plan on getting one made about my son!!  I can't wait to see what everyone else has as their Product of the Week, and don't forget to check out the Origami Owl website!!



2 comments:

  1. I love the different colored stones and the designs they have to offer. Love the meaning of the colors and the designs of yours. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post a picture of it when it comes in!

    ReplyDelete