Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Retail Therapy and the Olive Garden

I have to admit that I am one of "those" parents that has not been particularly strict about my son sleeping in his own room at night.  Usually he goes to sleep in my bed or ends up in there in the middle of the night.  Truett's bedroom has been more of a playroom until recently and he would just sleep in the guest room.  Well, I finally got furniture for Truett's room, so I have been on a mission to get him to actually sleep in his room the whole night.  Night 1 was a success!!  Woo hoo!!  I put him in bed a little earlier than usual and let him watch t.v. while in bed.  Needless to say, he fell asleep before his 8:30 bedtime and stayed that way until I woke him up at 7:00 this morning!!  His reward was a donut from the "donut store" and his choice of anywhere to eat for lunch.  I made sure to make a big deal about him staying in his own room so that hopefully it will continue!! 

When I gave Truett choice of restaurant for lunch, I honestly was expecting McDonald's or something along those lines, but that was not the case.  What did my four year old choose?  Olive Garden!! haha!!  I had no complaints whatsoever!!

Truett absolutely LOVES the salad and bread sticks at Olive Garden!  Here he is coloring away on his place mat and dancing to the music that was playing (he loves him some Michael Buble!!!).


After his reward lunch, we went and did a little shopping.  I got my tax money in, and I put most of it away in savings, but I did allow myself a small portion to use on some clothes and such that Tru and I are needing to get us through the spring and summer.  While I usually tend to only shop sales, I did decide to splurge and actually pay full price on a few things for Truett.  Here's a rundown of what I picked up:

This is what I picked up at Old Navy. I just picked up a simple pair of red khaki shorts, 2 t shirts, and a cute pair of navy slip on shoes.

We then headed to Children's Place.  I usually love their selection, but I just couldn't find anything that I liked.  I did pick up this cute pair of khaki pants and trouser socks.  Tru just had to have these trouser socks because they had skulls on them!  Crazy kid!  haha!!

Lastly we went to Gymboree.  Their new line came out Monday, and it was already so picked through!!  I LOVE the new line!!  The baseball theme is so cute!  I plan on using the sweater vest and collared shirt along with the khaki pants I picked up at Children's Place as Tru's Easter outfit. 

While I paid more for these clothes today than I have spent in a VERY long time, I tried to find a lot of basic pieces that I could mix and match and that would last a while.  I even stayed under the budget I allowed myself for Truett's clothes, so that's a good thing!! 

Here's to a successful night 2 of Truett making it through the night in his own bed!!  If he makes it a week he gets to pick out a new Power Ranger!  I am hoping bribery does the trick!  If not, on to plan B, except I am not sure what plan B is just yet!  haha!!  Have a great evening everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Yippie for Truett!!! I can't wait to see his room and the next time Cole comes over to play, I'll have to come see it!!

    www.ginnybrumback.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete