I am the proud mommy to this very handsome four year old named Truett! He is my life and the reason I make it through every day. He is my one and only. I am a Pre-K teacher and love every minute of it! I only work half days, which is nice, but once I get home, I still have to plan my lessons, go through my curriculum, email/address parents and any concerns/questions they have, and so on. So I really do work a full day, I just get to do half of it from the comforts of my own home. I love working and getting out of the house, but like many working moms I struggle with doubting myself and if I am spending enough quality time with my son. Sometimes I feel like I am so focused on getting my work done and then getting all of the house work that needs to be done, that I forget to spend the time with Truett that he needs. Recently I started waiting to do all house work after he goes to bed. I put him down around 8:30, so I have about a good two hours before I go to bed to get the things done that I want to get done. I also just recently added the rule where that for one hour per night all televisions are to be turned off and that time is for the two of us to play and have fun together. I think that we both really enjoy this time the most!!
As for becoming a blogger, I started blogging in August of 2011 to chronicle our little journey we call life. I was starting a new chapter in my life as a single mom, so I wanted to start keeping track of all the things we did so that we could look back on them one day. I also found it a great way for grandparents and family to be able to keep up with what was going on in our daily life since we do not all live very close to each other. I have found blogging to also be a great way to get to know others and bond with other women about our lives and families, hence why I LOVE Kelly's Show Us Your Life segments so much!!
I am excited about the opportunity to read the stories of the many other working moms and see how you are able to balance work and mommyhood!!!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment