Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Day of Sunday Randoms!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!  My little guy and I have been under the weather, so we have just been hanging out at home.  I have been putting off doing all the major cleaning in the house, but I did clean out my hope chest.  I had yet to clean out all of the things that belonged to my ex husband and his kids and the things from our wedding.  I always enjoy going through my hope chest because I never know what I might come across!!  haha!!  Well, boy did I find some things that took me back to my youth!!  Maybe it will take you back too....

These are a few of my treasures from my childhood!!  haha!!  That would be my Nelson and Sebastian Bach posters, my Betty Boop magnetic belt (remember the magnetic belts from the 80s? I had tons!), my California Raisin, a Dylan and Brandon pin from 90210, my Bon Jovi cassette tape, and my New Kids on the Block hat!!! 

When Truett saw these, he asked who the girls were!!  haha!!  Yeah, try explaining to a 4 year old why it was so cool for guys to have hair like a girl!!  That was quite a conversation!!

Anyone who knows me, knows the obsession I STILL have with New Kids on the Block! haha!!  I have also passed that love down to my son.  Ask him who he wants to listen to on the radio, and it will either be Bruno Mars, Adele, or "mommy's music with all the boys"!  He loves to break it down to NKOTB!!  haha!!  And Bon Jovi, who doesn't still love Bon Jovi?!  They are still awesome!  Wish I still had a tape player to jam out to this while cleaning house!!


While on the topic of things from the past, I have a new favorite show!!  Since I have been trying to relax this weekend so that I can get well before Monday, I have been watching a lot of T.V. and resting on the couch.  Well, I turned on one of my favorite channels, DIY, and what did I come across.....
A marathon for the Vanilla Ice Project!  Yes, Vanilla Ice.  Ok, everyone join in, "Alright, stop, collaborate and listen, Ice is back with a brand new invention. Something grabs ahold of me tightly, then I flow that a harpoon daily and nightly. Will it ever stop? Yo, I don't know, turn off the lights and I'll glow.  To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle."  Anyway, you know the rest!! haha!!  Don't deny it either!!  haha!!  Anyway, Vanilla Ice, aka Rob Van Winkle, has a show on DIY that follows him as he flips homes in Florida.  It's soooo entertaining too!!  The new season just started last night, so make sure to catch it sometime! 

Another new show on DIY involves another one of my obsessions as a child, Bronson Pinchot from Perfect Strangers!!  Yes, cousin Balki has his own show!!!  As a child that was my FAVORITE show!!  Of course, Balki was my favorite too!  I can't tell you how excited I was to see that he has a show on DIY!  The show is called Bronson Pinchot Project!!  EEEK!!!  Anyway, I think you should check this out too!!  Bronson Pinchot is as crazy in real life as all of his characters he has played!!  haha!  I'm glad I actually took the time to watch TV this weekend other than ESPN or sports!!  I would have missed out on so many of my childhood favorites!!!


Ok, I guess my trip down memory lane is done for now...haha!  The past week or so I have gotten some real cool coupons and samples in the mail.  Here is what I have gotten:
First, I got in my new $2.00 off any Tide coupon, another P&G Home Made Simple coupon book filled with great high value coupons, and Seventh Generation dish soap samples and coupons!!!

Next, I got in a sample of Keebler Jumbo fudge sticks.  I had to take a picture of this by itself because as soon as Tru saw it, it disappeared!!

Lastly, I got in $72 worth of coupons from Proctor and Gamble from their website www.pgeverdaysolutions.com and a sample of Funley's Delicious All Natural Super Crackers for Kids.  In the box I also got a 20% off coupon for any order that I place online, but it was basically expired by the time I got my sample...boo!  We shall see how Tru likes these!  Supposedly they have vegetables baked into them.  My sample was for the Cheddar N' Stuff crackers and they have broccoli baked into them.  You can find out more about them at www.funleys.com.


I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!!!!  Oh, and word to your mother!  haha!!  (Sorry, I couldn't resist throwing one more Vanilla Ice line out there!!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment