Monday, January 2, 2012

Exposing a little secret and some cool free stuff

Okay, so I love a good deal, that's obvious!!  I also believe that there is no reason to pay full price for something if you can avoid it!!  I do coupon, and I have become pretty good at it.  I am by no means near where the people you see on Extreme Couponing are though.  I find it wonderful that they are able to save so much, but I find most of them to be boarder line hoarders.  I have created a little stockpile of my own, but it is no more than what I can use in the next few months, nor will I add too much to it before I use some of it up.  I ultimately started my stockpile because I knew I would be out of a paycheck for a while since my school was out for Christmas break.  I used my coupons to purchase many of our necessities to last us until we got caught up.  Most of this I was able to find for free or for very little.  So here it goes.....this is what I have hiding behind my closet door:

This is my closet at the end of my hallway.  There are five parts to the closet.  The top section is where I keep party decor, the second section is for candles and picture frames, and the bottom three sections are for my mini stockpile.  In the pictures you won't see many of the products I have because the inside of the closet is actually a lot bigger than what the frame shows.  There is actually about an extra foot of space on each side hidden that you can't see.  I couldn't photograph this extra space, but there are definitely products stored there!!

The first shelf is where I store shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, body wash, hand soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, razors, shave cream, and other various hygiene products. 

The second shelf is lotions, zip loc bags, dish washing detergent, Tru's flushable wipes, dishwasher tablets, paper towels, toilet paper, and various cleaning supplies.

The bottom is where I keep all of the laundry detergent, more paper towels and toilet paper, and all of the freebies I get in the mail.


Speaking of the freebies I get in the mail, I have gotten a little behind and I haven't posted what all I have gotten in the last couple of weeks, so I thought I would get you all caught up on that.


First up, I got a free Betty Crocker 2012 calendar full of recipes!!  I LOVE this freebie!!  I also recieved another Kleenex cool touch sample and coupon.  Inside Wal Mart they had a Keebler display set up with coupon booklets.  Inside there were tons of great coupons for cookies and crackers, so I grabbed me a few.  Walgreens also had their winter coupon books out with over $700 worth of savings inside!  The final thing I got in the mail in this picture, was a coupon for a free bottle of Activate water.

In this group, I recieved a free tissue box sample full of Kleenex brand tissues, EmergenC samples and coupon, Aveeno shampoo and conditioner samples, a $2.00 Tide coupon, and feminie product samples.

I got in three more free 20oz Coca Cola product coupons using my reward points through My Coke Rewards, a Dove hair repair sample, Armani Code cologne sample, and my $10 Children's Place gift card that I got from cashing in my points through My Points, a survey website.

The last group of freebies I got in were three free samples of Hills Bros. cappacino coffe and coupon, Woolite Extra Dark Care laundry detergent and coupon, Post It samples, and a coupon for a free Powerade that I also got through My Coke Rewards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment